Terry C. Martin

Thursday, May 14, 2009

JBoss Seam RSS Feeds on JBoss AS 4.2.3

I need to keep this short cuz I'm ready to go to bed. Ran into this error:

jboss com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl cannot be cast to javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext (this is the top of the resulting stack trace rather)

when I tried to click on a link on my Seam app that links to an RSS page I created. This app with its RSS functionality worked just fine on my dev box, but prod gave me that error. Lemme cut to the chase... I ended up removing jaxb-api.jar from my war file (I unzipped it, removed the file, then zipped it back up and redeployed it) and that fixed the problem. Apparently, I had some other jaxb lib in my JBoss AS classpath... somewhere... causing that trouble. Incidentally, I was running the same version of JBoss AS on dev & prod and same JVM too. I don't even feel like searching around for the conflicting jaxb lib right now... just wanted to jot this note down cuz I'll almost CERTAINLY forget i encountered this issue before.

Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home